Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Fall Gift For You!

PSLs Without The Calories!

A few years ago, I was raving to my friend Kelly about the PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) at Starbucks. I went on and on about how great it was so she decided to order one.  I ordered after her and got a chai tea.  She was like, “Wait? What? You’re not getting one?” very incredulously. And I said, “Oh no. There are so many calories in that thing, I can’t drink that.”  I am a terrible friend.

So here we are, four years later, I can finally make it up to her.  I got the recipe for a low-cal PSL substitute that basically tastes like the real deal – terrible sugar/caffeine afterbreath and all.

1 Grande Bold Starbucks Coffee of the Day
2-3 Pumps of Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Add your own Splenda and Half & Half

You are left with an [estimated] 90 calorie version vs. the normal 380 calories.  So put on your scarf and drink up!

No comments: